Vans teams up with Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants for an upcoming collection set to drop in June.
The first collection is a range of Classic footwear, apparel and accessories fit for fans of all ages. The second is in partnership with New York fashion designer, Sandy Liang that features her own fashion interpretation of the animated series elements and characters.
Key pieces from the Vans x SpongeBob SquarePants collection include:
- Old Skool checkerboard emblazoned quarter panel featuring SpongeBob and his loyal pet snail, Gary, hidden amongst the checks, and finished with a leather yellow Sidestripe and “Off The Wall” written in a font that is synonymous with the beloved animated series.
- Imaginaaation short sleeve tee that pays homage to the season three episode that depicts SpongeBob and Patrick as they use their creativity to play with an empty box.
- Airbrush Woven long sleeve tee highlighting the characters and cartoon elements of Bikini Bottom.
- Best Buddies Hoodie with custom Vans “Off The Wall” graphic inspired by each character down the sleeve.
- Jump Out Crew Tie Dye Tee depicts SpongeBob leaping for joy.
- Patrick Star receives his very own mini backpack silhouette that is complimented by Vans iconic checkerboard pattern.
The Vans x SpongeBob collab with fashion designer, Sandy Liang, finds her reinterpreting iconic elements from the television show that have been illustrated by Sandy to provide a fashion forward take on SpongeBob SquarePants.
The Vans x SpongeBob SquarePants collection by Sandy Liang includes:
- The Vans x SpongeBob SquarePants collection by Sandy Liang includes two iterations of the popular sneaker, Sk8-Hi 38 DX. The first features a patchwork application on the quarter panel of the hi-top drawing inspiration from Vans’ checkerboard pattern. Sandy brings together her Chinese heritage and juxtaposes a classic plaid print with flower cloud and groovy patterns taken directly from the animated series. A second Sk8-Hi 38 DX pays homage to Sandy Cheeks, the multitalented scientist and adventure seeker. The hi-top uses premium leather uppers that showcase a dreamy blue-green gradient. The Sk8-Hi 38 DX is finished with delicate floral appliques that are reminiscent of the flower found atop Sandy Cheek’s diving suit.
- The collection is complete with a three-piece apparel and accessories assortment that feature Sandy Cheeks, Squidward Tentacles, Patrick Star and SpongeBob SquarePants reinterpreted into Liang’s classic styles including a custom jellyfish shearling for SpongeBob and checkerboard pants for Patrick.
The Vans x SpongeBob SquarePants collection, and capsule collection designed by Sandy Liang will be available online and at Vans retail locations beginning June 4. For more inf, visit Vans.com/SpongeBob.