It is that time of the year…when we see amazing concept vehicles that will be on display at SEMA. Lexus, for example, will show off two beautiful cars inspired by Marvel’s upcoming movie, Black Panther.
These bad ass concepts, the Black Panther-inspired LC and the LC Inspiration, will be displayed at the Lexus Booth at SEMA in Las Vegas. Alongside the concept vehicles, Lexus and Marvel Custom Solutions also released the first four chapters of the graphic novel, Black Panther: Soul of a Machine.
Black Panther-Inspired LC Car
This concept vehicle incorporates (mythical) vibranium into its very core to provide added boost. Much like Black Panther’s uniform, the sheet metal of the Black Panther-Inspired LC is reinforced with a layer of vibranium weave, making the vehicle almost entirely bulletproof. Top-secret refinement processes also allow for a self-sustaining fueling component (vibranium-powered core) that enhances the Black Panther Inspired LC’s driving dynamics.
Additional features of the Black Panther Inspired LC include:
- Pulsating underbody glow
- Side-view mirror design based on a panther’s claw with instinctual positioning technology to align with driver’s eyeline
- Black Panther mask inlay on hood with vibranium-powered core indicator nodes
- Vibranium-infused self-healing paint treatment
- Customized body-widening kit
- System controlled by unique Wakandan B-CPU (Brain/Computer Interface) creating a symbiotic relationship between the vehicle and its driver
- Remote Pilot Kimoyo Bead Interface allows the Black Panther Inspired LC to be driven remotely from control stations within Birnin Zana
2018 LC Inspiration Series
The first vehicle in Lexus’ Inspiration Series is a limited-edition 2018 Lexus LC, celebrating the attributes of sophistication, performance and innovation embodied by the Black Panther character, King T’Challa, and his home country of Wakanda. With only 100 slated to be sold in the U.S., the Lexus LC Inspiration Series features a first-of-its-kind paint technique called Structural Blue. Inspired by the morpho butterfly, the paint is developed through an eight-month process. While the paint contains no actual blue pigment, its unique construction reflects blue light and highlights the vehicle’s dynamic design, alongside a compelling motion effect even when parked. A more in-depth look at the technology can be found here.
Additional features of the Inspiration Series LC include:
- Unique carbon fiber scuff plate
- Bespoke white interior
- 21″ forged alloy wheels
- Signature Barneys sommelier set, a limited-edition collection of barware inspired by the vehicle’s elegant design