Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor successfully hyped up their upcoming megafight with a week-long press tour this past week… leaving us all anxious for Aug. 26.
Being that McGregor is coming from the full-contact MMA world, he’ll have to keep his normal repertoire of moves — kicks, knees, elbows and grappling — under control. If there’s any slip… he stands to lose a lot of money.
UFC president Dana White says the fight contract contains a clause where Conor will face a serious lawsuit if he uses a single MMA tactic.
“He would get sued beyond belief if he does anything but hit Floyd Mayweather with his hands to the head and body,” White said last week, according to USA Today. “It would be very bad. That can’t happen. That can’t happen. There’s actually language in the contract that that can’t happen.”
McGregor is expected to make a high eight-figure number for his purse, which he’d potentially lose with a kick, elbow, etc.
“Forget about the contract,” White said. “[Mayweather] would just sue [McGregor]. And it would destroy Conor’s life because Mayweather would win… Conor is a bit of a wild man. But he likes money as much as Floyd does. If he wants Floyd to have all his money, that’s the way to do it.”
The Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight is slated to take place on Aug. 26 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.