Cris Cyborg has yet another opponent for UFC 214 next month, after Megan Anderson was forced to pull out.
The UFC said that Anderson (8-2) has withdrawn from the scheduled 145-pound title fight against Justino (17-1) due to personal reasons. Instead, bantamweight fighter Tonya Evinger (19-5) will replace Anderson for UFC 214’s co-main event.
36-year-old Evinger is the current 135-pound champion of all-female promotion Invicta FC.
“Due to personal issues, Megan Anderson has been forced to withdraw from her UFC 214 bout against Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino on July 29,” a UFC official stated.
In a statement on Twitter, Anderson said added: “This is the biggest struggle I have faced yet, but like I always do, I will come back stronger and better than before. … I’m coming for whoever has that belt.”
— Megan Anderson (@MeganA_mma) June 28, 2017
The UFC’s female featherweight division launched this year, when Germaine de Randamie defeated Holly Holm via decision in the inaugural fight in February.
De Randamie was supposed to defend her title for the first time against Cyborg, but she refused to accept that matchup. So, the UFC stripped de Randamie of the title earlier this month… and now it’s up for grabs.
Aside from Cyborg and Evinger, a light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier will headline UFC 214 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.