Although Apple’s WWDC keynote takes place Monday (June 5), the internet is going crazy over a leak concerning the iPhone 8.
The individual, which are said to have been verified by forum moderators, claim the next iPhone will not be known as the “iPhone 8”, but the “iPhone X.” Other details include: wireless charging and a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment, as well as retina scanning and facial recognition.
Finally, the phone will resemble the middle mock-up in the photo above, claims the posters on Reddit.
Below are 15 other rumored details:
1. The new iPhone is called the “iPhone X” (but it’s still unclear if this is a code name).
2. It will look like the middle phone in the main photo above.
3. There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment.
4. The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis.
5. Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good.”
6. No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner.
7. AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced.
8. There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner.
9. And plural: “front facing camera modules.”
10. RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus.
11. The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass.”
12. There’s wireless charging via a rear panel.
13. It will again be “water resistant” (no word if the rating has increased).
14. There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning.
15. Production is indeed delayed.
Stay tuned for further details…