Following news that Drake has been tapped as host, the NBA has announced the finalists for their new fan-voted awards.
The first-ever NBA Awards on TNT, which airs live on June 26 from Basketball City in New York, will include six new award categories, each of which will be chosen by fan voting across NBA.com and social media.
Categories include: Dunk of the Year, Best Style, Block of the Year, Assist of the Year, Game Winner of the Year and Top Performance of the Year.
Fan-voted awards are open now at NBA.com, with the winners presented along other official end-of-season awards, such as MVP, Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Man and Most Improved Player, among others. To vote on social media, post the #AwardName and First / Last Name of their winner (i.e. #DunkOfTheYear Larry Nance).
Below are the finalists in the fan-voted categories.
- Los Angeles Lakers’ Larry Nance, Jr. vs. Brooklyn
- Minnesota’s Zach LaVine vs. Phoenix
- Oklahoma City’s Victor Oladipo vs. Atlanta
- Cleveland’s Iman Shumpert
- Chicago’s Dwyane Wade
- Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook
- San Antonio’s Kawhi Leonard vs. Houston
- New York’s Kristaps Porzingis vs. Brooklyn
- Miami’s Hassan Whiteside vs. Toronto
- Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving vs. Golden State
- Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook vs. Denver
- Phoenix’s Tyler Ulis vs. Boston
- Phoenix’s Devin Booker 70-point game vs. Boston
- Houston’s James Harden nets 53-16-17 triple double vs. New York
- Golden State’s Klay Thompson scores 60 in three quarters vs. Indiana
- Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook with most points in a triple double, 57-13-11, vs. Orlando
- Golden State’s Draymond Green to Stephen Curry to Kevin Durant
- Denver’s Nikola Jokic with no-look pass
- LA Clippers’ Chris Paul with wraparound pass