While Georges St-Pierre battles the UFC for his release, current middleweight champion Michael Bisping is calling out the MMA vet for a headlining fight at UFC 206.
Bisping publicly called out GSP via Twitter on Tuesday (Oct. 25), claiming that he’s verbally agreed to fight the Canadian star.
“We all want more money,” he tweeted. “But let’s go, sign the papers. Give the people of Toronto what they want, be a hero! Let’s go champ!”
@GeorgesStPierre, we all want more money. But let's go,sign the papers.Give the people of Toronto what they want, be a hero! Let's go champ!
— michael (@bisping) October 26, 2016
Bisping says he’s been negotiating the fight “the last few days.”
Despite the claims, UFC president Dana White tells ESPN the fight won’t happen. “There is no Bisping vs. GSP fight in Toronto,” he wrote in a text message. “I know Mike wants it, but it’s not happening.”
Bisping is coming off a successful title defense again Dan Henderson earlier this month.
Last week, GSP shocked fans, when he announced that he had terminated his contract with the UFC, who claims otherwise.
St-Pierre vacated the 170-pound title and walked away from professional fighting in 2013. Last week, however, he says he’s been in negotiations with the UFC regarding a comeback since February… but talks have broken down.
GSP last fought in Nov. 2013, when he earned a decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167.
As for UFC 206, the current line-up includes a headlining light heavyweight title fight between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson.