Here’s a look at the World’s Highest-Paid Sports Teams, led by French soccer club, Paris Saint-German.
According to Sportingintelligence, 8 of the world’s 12 highest-paid sports teams are soccer clubs, as Saint-German topping the list, with players on the team earning an average of $174,692 every week, adding up to just over $9 million every year.
Real Madrid and Manchester City are close behind, paying their players a weekly average of $166,180 and $165,343 respectively.
The first non-soccer team to make the list is the Los Angeles Dodgers in fifth. The MLB team pays an average of $154,292 per week to its players.
Surprisingly, NBA franchise, the Brooklyn Nets, land at #11 on the list with an average of $120,181.
See the full list below.
1. Paris Saint-German: $174,692 USD
2. Real Madrid: $166,180 USD
3. Manchester City: $165,343 USD
4. FC Barcelona: $155,452 USD
5. Los Angeles Dodgers: $154,292 USD
6. Machester United: $154,272 USD
7. Bayern Munich: $147,326 USD
8. Chelsea: $143,516 USD
9. New York Yankees: $140,566 USD
10. Arsenal: $133,658 USD
11. Brooklyn Nets: $120,181 USD
12. Detroit Tigers: 119,378 USD