Floyd Mayweather
Instagram / Floyd Mayweather

Although there’s been several premature reports, another surfaces this week that says the deal for Floyd Mayweather’s mega-fight with Manny Pacquiao is done… and set for May 2nd.

According to UK paper The Telegraph, both sides have agreed to the deal. Furthermore, they cite a source who says that Pacquiao has already signed the papers and sent them to Mayweather to finalize.

Despite the report, both Top Rank chairman Bob Arum and Showtime Sports vice president Stephen Espinoza said it was inaccurate. But, say negotiations are in the final stages.

“I’m very optimistic,” Arum said Saturday. “We’re waiting to hear from Floyd. But from everyone’s perspective, it needs to get resolved this week. You have to start planning things, and there’s a lot that has to be done.”

“Not yet (finalized),” Espinoza added.

Mayweather is in New York for NBA All-Star Weekend, and there’s been speculation that he would break the news during the festivities… but so far, nothing.

If there’s still a few items left to agree upon, an official announcement isn’t expected until sometime this upcoming week.

Stay tuned…