Barbecue master Adam Perry Lang appeared on an episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live this week to share this delicious new recipe for monster chuck roll steaks with a whiskey caramel sauce.
Sounds yummy right? Well, he created the recipe in his partnership with George Dickel Whisky, and showed Kimmel what it was all about. If you’d like to make it at home, below is the recipe.
George Dickel Whisky Caramel Sauce for Steaks (and Ice Cream)
Yield 2.5 cups
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whisky
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- In a medium sauce pan combine water and sugar and stir with a wooden spoon over high heat.
- Cook until sugar is the same color of the Whisky.
- Remove from heat and add Whisky, being cautious of potential splattering. Stir back over heat until fluid and liquid.
- Remove from heat and swirl in butter until velvety and smooth.
- Keep Whisky warm until use, or leave at room temperature and reheat in microwave for 30 seconds.