Athletic retailer Champs Sports doubles down on its “We Know Game” tagline this summer by teaming up with Complex Media for a new blog called The Drop.
The blog, which lives on the newly re-launched ChampsSports.com, is a first-of-its-kind blog within the sports apparel industry, featuring original editorial content seven days a week, focusing on what Champs Sports calls the “four pillars of Game” — style, sports, sound and smarts. Content will be created exclusively for The Drop by an editorial team from Complex Media.
“Champs Sports is treating The Drop with a show-and-prove attitude,” said Scott Burton, Director of Marketing, Champs Sports. “We have long told our target consumer, the high school varsity athlete, that ‘We Know Game.’ And we’ve proven it in our stores, carrying the freshest apparel, sneakers and accessories. Now, we’re bringing Game directly to our core audience through The Drop. Partnering with Complex Media gives us even more credibility and influence among young men who crave authentic content on all the things that matter to them.”
In addition to reactive coverage of sports, entertainment and fashion, The Drop will feature a number of regular series, including:
- Style Points – A celebration of athletes and entertainers who have taken their Game to the next level – and how they did it.
- She Got Game – A look at women in sports who set trends and lead by being unique.
- Schooled – An interview series focusing on athletes and entertainers reminiscing on past experiences, fashion, trends, sports, sneakers and more.
- Hear Me Out – Athletes share the most essential songs on their playlist.
- No Days Off – A look at how athletes train, eat, recover and prepare for the big game.
- The Prequel – A monthly overview of the most anticipated sneaker releases.
To visit the newly launch blog, The Drop, go to TheDrop365.com.