Following the emotional final outing of relief pitcher Mariano Rivera at Yankee Stadium on Thursday (September 26), Nike celebrates his career with the release of a commemorative pack, dubbed “Sierra Circular.”
The one-of-a-kind drop — named after his famous pitch, also called “circular saw” — includes Mariano custom cleats, Nike Pro Gold Tradition glove, Nike TR Max 360 Trainer and Destroyer Jacket.
One of the greatest closers of all time, Rivera began his storied career in 1995, when he made his MLB debut as a starter. Since then, he’s spent his entire 19-year career with the New York Yankees and has etched his name in baseball’s record books.
A 13-time all-star and five-time World Series champ, Rivera is currently MLB’s career leader in saves with 652. His accolades include five AL Rolaids Relief Man Awards (given to the best relief pitchers each season), 1999 World Series MVP, 2003 AL Championship Series MVP and three Delivery Man of the Year Awards since taking over as closer in 1997.
To celebrate, Nike has created an exclusive pack for Rivera entitled “Sierra Circular” or “circular saw” named after his famous pitch. The inscription on the box reads:
Included in the pack is:
- A custom Destroyer Jacket features the words “Sierra Circular”, the number 42 on the right chest, the American Flag with Phil 4:13 verse on the right sleeve and the Flag of Panama on the left sleeve. The back of the jacket is inscribed with “Cortador” (cutter) and an interlocking Rivera logo.
- The Mariano custom cleat features the number 42 on the tongue and sockliner. The American flag is highlighted under the tongue flap of the right shoe and the Flag of Panama is featured under the tongue flap of the left shoe.
- The Nike Pro Gold Tradition glove is inscribed with his name and jersey number.
- Nike TR MAX 360 features a silver Nike swoosh and “Sierra circular” on the heel and “Cortador” on the tab. The American flag is embossed on the inside of the tongue of the right shoe and the Flag of Panama is on the inside of the tongue on the left shoe.
- Nike cotton men’s short sleeve tee with reflective print.
- Nike True Fitted wool blend hat with reflective “MO42” applique on the front, NY logo and “Cortador” on the sides and Nike Swoosh on the back.
For Nike Mariano Rivera t-shirts, head over to Nike.com.