Dr. Dre continues to expand the places you’ll find his Beats By Dre audio system, with the addition of his trademarked system to the 2012 version of the Dodge Charger.
The Beats Audio system will be standard in the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T Max and included with the Blacktop Package or Rallye Appearance Group on Dodge Charger SXT models.
Dodge hopes the appeal of studio quality music will be an essential among Charger enthusiasts.
“Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine have built their careers on revolutionary and forward thinking decisions that formulate trends in music, popular culture and technology,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO of the Dodge.
“Our goal in partnering with Beats by Dr. Dre is to integrate their recording-studio quality audio experience for our Charger enthusiasts to feel and hear their favorite music as it was intended — all while heightening the street performance and technology assets of the new 2012 Dodge Charger.”
The Beats Audio system is also included with the Sound Group and Wheels and Tunes Group on Dodge Charger R/T models; and boasts the following:
- Three 3.5-inch speakers located in the instrument panel
- Two 3.5-inch speakers located in the rear doors
- Two 6 x 9-inch front-door woofers provide bass
- Two 6 x 9-inch speakers and a center-mounted 8-inch speaker located in the rear-shelf area provide full-range audio
- 8-inch Beats Audio trunk-mounted dual-voice coil subwoofer with sealed enclosure delivers tight, powerful, punchy bass
The Beats by Dr. Dre audio system was first introduced on the Chrysler 300 models, and now they expand to their popular Charger model.
The Charger’s Beats-powered audio system and new model debuts at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas and next week at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The 2012 Dodge Charger is expected to hit the first quarter of 2012.