Gucci Mane got some bad news in court on Friday (October 28) … two times.
The rapper (real name: Radric Davis) learned he was being slapped with a civil suit minutes after a DeKalb County judge ruled against his attorney’s motion for reduced jail time, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Gucci was sentenced to six month in September after pleading guilty to two counts of battery, two counts of reckless conduct, and one count of disorderly conduct — all of which stem an incident with an unnamed woman earlier this year.
According to the police report, a 36-year-old woman was approached by the rapper in January, asking her if she wanted to grab breakfast. She agreed, but once inside the rapper vehicle she was allegedly offered $150 for sex at a nearby hotel.
When she refused, she claims Gucci shoved her out of the moving vehicle. She sustained minor injuries from the incident.
Th rapper’s attorneys was requesting that his six-month jail sentence cut in half Friday, in exchange Gucci would stage a concert on behalf of the DeKalb County Battered Women’s Shelter.
However, DeKalb State Court Judge Eleanor Ross was not moved. “I don’t think it would be appropriate to let him out just because he’s a rapper,” she said.
Shortly after, the woman revealed she would file a civil suit against the rapper in connection with the incident. Her attorney told the paper that Gucci needs to be held accountable. “He thinks the rules don’t apply to him,” she said.
Details regarding the lawsuit were unknown at press time.