When Petey Pablo was arrested for a gun at a North Carolina airport last month, it drew the attention of federal authorities who indicted the rapper on multiple charges.
The rapper (real name: Moses Barrett III) was busted at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport when airport security found a handgun and ammunition in his carry-on luggage … on 9/11 of all days.
Although Petey has denied knowing the weapon was in his bag and even claims it wasn’t his, the Feds believe otherwise.
Earlier this month, a federal judge has issued a warrant for Petey’s arrest, and charged him with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a stolen firearm and attempting to take the gun onto an airplane.
Sources close to the rapper told TMZ that he wasn’t aware of the warrant until the gossip site called his camp for comment.
Petey has since surrendered to federal authorities and plans to cooperate. TMZ says the rapper was in custody for a few hours on Wednesday (October 13) before being released on his own recognizance.
If he abides by the terms of his release, Petey must report to a U.S. probation officer — and submit a complete itinerary of any travel plans one month before he travels anywhere.
Additionally, he must refrain from “excessive alcohol” use and will submit to drug testing.
Petey is due back in court in November.
TMZ says that he’s opted to use a public defender because he is unable to pay for a lawyer himself.