2K Sports announced earlier this week the list of artists who contributed to the soundtrack for their upcoming NBA 2K11 game title.
Complementing the appearance of Michael Jordan, the title’s cover athlete, the soundtrack is the biggest and best in 2K history, offering an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed artists.
The soundtrack includes an original, exclusive track from the legendary Snoop Dogg, that illustrates his long-standing enthusiasm for the NBA 2K series. Other notable artists include Outkast’s Big Boi, Drake, Kid Cudi, Two Door Cinema Club, The Constellations, and The Alan Parsons Project performing the Chicago Bulls’ intro song.
Featuring Michael Jordan as this year’s cover athlete, and several new gameplay modes and updates, NBA 2K11 continues its trailblazing reputation of weaving both emerging and well-established musical acts into the basketball mix. The soundtrack will sharpen this year’s basketball simulation with an extensive collection of 29 tracks from artists that tap into the energy, hustle and excitement of the NBA.
“NBA 2K is the basketball game that everyone plays, from NBA athletes to celebrities to music artists. Snoop has been a long time fan of the NBA 2K series and because music is such an integral part to the gameplay experience, it was a perfect fit for this year’s title – one of the greatest rappers making an exclusive track for the greatest NBA game,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “With NBA 2K11 we hope to exceed expectations by featuring both an impressive array of established artists like Big Boi, Kid Cudi and Drake who definitely balance the hoop action, alongside emerging talent, such as the winners of our national MC/producer contest.”
NBA 2K11 is due out October 5, 2010. For more information, visit 2KSports.com/NBA2K11.
Below is the complete tracklist:
- Snoop Dogg – “NBA 2K Theme”
- Big Boi – “Shutterbug”
- Drake – “Over”
- Cassidy – “Game Time”
- Ron Artest – “Champion”
- Duck-Down All-Stars ft. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise & Sean Price – “Better Than You”
- The Alan Parsons Project – “Sirius”
- Art vs. Science – “Hollywood”
- Big Rock Candy Mountain – “Rocketship”
- Brunettes – “Red Rollerskates”
- Chicharones – “Little By Little”
- Children Collide – “Skeleton Dance”
- Constellations ft. Asher Roth – “We’re Here To Save The Day”
- Dan Black ft. Kid Cudi – “Symphonies (Remix)”
- Delorean – “Deli”
- Ev – “Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)”
- Failsafe – “Hope & Only If We Learn”
- HOGNI – “Bow Down”
- Kidz In Space – “Downtime”
- Middleman – “It’s Not Over Yet”
- Rakaa ft. Aloe Blaac – “Crown Of Thorns”
- The Redland – “So Far”
- The Russian Futurists – “Paul Simon & Precious Metals”
- Sonny Bones – “Rise”
- Two Door Cinema Club – “I Can Talk”
- Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions – “Go Hard or Go Home”
- Dux Jones – “Pourin’ It On”