Electro-dancehall duo Major Lazer has partnered with English synthpop outfit La Roux for the creation of Lazerproof, a mixtape both acts will release for free on Wednesday (May 26) from Mad Decent.
On their self-titled debut, La Roux front-woman Elly Jackson channels her new wave and pop influences and projects them onto a backdrop of intricate electronic musings co-produced by Ben Langmaid. Major Lazer’s brain-trust (Diplo and Switch), partner with them to bring the newest mixtape that was put together while on a recent trip to Jamaica.
Lazerproof plays on both groups’ styles and the result is a project that is only vaguely recognizable as the sum of its parts — ska, dubstep, hip-hop and pop stars aligning to create a synth-Britania meets dubstep dancehall gem.
The 14-track tape boasts guest appearances from Gucci Mane, Drake, Gyptian, Rusko and Amanda Blank add the infamous Mad Decent touch.
Head over to MadDecent.com to get the mixtape for free … all you have to do is register at the site.
The tracklist is as follows:
- Bulletproof (Nacey Remix ft. Matt Hemerlein)
- Colourless Artibella
- I’m Not Your Lemonade + Heroes ‘N’ Villains Remix ft. Gucci Mane
- Independent Kill ft. Candi Redd
- Keep It Fascinating
- Magic (Falling Soldiers Dub)
- In 4 The Kill Pon De Skream ft. Drake
- Houstatlantavegas Pains
- Tigerlily (DYWHAP Blend) ft. Rusko
- Can’t Stop Now (Armor Love Remix)
- Quicksand (Mad Decent 2010 Rerub) ft. Amanda Blank
- Cover My Eyes (Costra Nostra Edit)
- I Said It (Major Lazer Dubplate) ft. Opal
- Hold Yuh (Double Dubplate) ft. Gyptian