Every year, Maxim releases their Hot 100 list of the world’s most beautiful women. This year, topping the list over the likes of Kim Kardashian, Megan Fox, Rihanna, and others, was none other than pop act, Katy Perry.
Why? The mag’s editor says it’s Perry’s “supernova moment.”
“It’s that feeling you get when you suddenly realize that the smartest, funniest, coolest girl you know also happens to the best looking and a pretty good skateboarder too,” Maxim editor-in-chief, Joe Levy, told ABC News. “All of a sudden, your crush goes supernova, and this is Katy’s supernova moment.”
Perry became a star in 2008 when her debut album, One of the Boys, shot up to the Billboard charts thanks to the success of her smash single, “”I Kissed a Girl,” spawning other top 10 singles as well. She just released a new single called “California Gurls,” and is currently preparing a new album called Teenage Dream.
Perry beat out Sports Illustrated cover model Brooklyn Decker (#2), “Avatar” actress Zoe Saldana (#3), “Gossip Girl” star Blake Lively (#4), and Megan Fox (#5).
Below are some of the highlights of the list, but you can check out the full list and info over at Maxim.com:
3. Zoe Saldana: A trained ballerina, Zoe Saldana first pirouetted onto the big screen in the dance flick, Center Stage. Zoe went on to star amongst big stars such as Tom Hanks in The Terminal and Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. And she became every nerd’s wet dream when she co-starred in Star Trek and James Cameron’s sci-fi epic Avatar.
5. Megan Fox
8. Olivia Munn: She is an actress and model, who began her career as Lisa Munn. Since 2006, she has been using the name Olivia Munn personally and professionally. Munn has been one of the faces of the cable video game network G4, hosting a number of shows for the network, the most prominent being “Attack of the Show!”
9. Kim Kardashian
11. Eva Mendes
12. Audrina Patridge
14. Scarlett Johansson
16. Selita Ebanks: A Caymanian fashion model, Ebanks is best known for her work with Victoria’s Secret and as a Victoria’s Secret Angel from 2005-2008.
18. Christina Aguilera
20. Olivia Wilde – 2009’s Maxim Winner
22. Mila Kunis
23. Arianny Celeste
24. Nicole Scherzinger
25. Danica Patrick
27. Hilary Duff
30. Hayden Panetierre: At the age of four, Hayden began her rounds on the soap circuit with a role on “One Life to Live” and later in” The Guiding Light.” She’s also appeared in such films as A Bug’s Life, Remember the Titans, and the HBO original movie Normal, among other films. But we know this blonde bombshell best as one of the stars of the hit show “Heroes”.
31. Taylor Swift
32. Jessica Biel
34. Jessica Alba
35. Jennifer Love Hewitt
38. Angelina Jolie
40: Dania Ramirez: She is a Dominican TV film actress. She is most recently known for playing a recurring character during the last season of “The Sopranos” and as Maya Herrera in “Heroes.” She also played female antagonist Callisto in X-Men: The Last Stand.
42. Anna Faris
46. Rachel Bilson
47. Sofia Vergara
57. Gabrielle Union
75. Lily Allen
76. Kristin Cavallari
80. Maria Menounos
82. Stacy Keibler
84. Anna Paquin: Anna is a Canadian-born New Zealand actress. Paquin’s first critically successful film was “The Piano”, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in 1994 at the age of 11. Since then, she’s been in a string of successful films including She’s All That, Almost Famous and played Rogue in the X-Men franchise. Most recently, she’s received critical acclaim for her role as Sookie Stackhouse in the HBO series “True Blood.”
87. Chelsea Handler
94. Kelly Ripa