Popular New York based DJ, Funkmaster Flex, has partnered with Zune and automobile maker Ford to give fans a chance to win a fully customized 2008 Ford Sport Trac truck.
Zune worked closely with Flex in planning the design and added features of the his own customized Zune 2008 Ford Sport Trac, donating an arsenal of Microsoft electronics ranging from the Zune media player to an Xbox, PC computer, and the Sprint wireless AirCard, giving passengers Internet access all from the comfort of the tricked out vehicle.
Here’s some of the additions on the Funk Flex Ford Sport Trac:
- A custom Zune display mount connecting to trailer hitch to display Kicker Zune player
- Xbox 360
- PC computer powered by Microsoft Windows XP mounted in center console
- Internet on the go with Sprint wireless AirCard
- TV on the go with Slingbox
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Two 7″ headrest monitors featuring built-in DVD player
- One 10″ flip-down monitor with VGA input
- One converted factory screen to display movies, computer, and Xbox 360 in-dash
- 8″ and 6.5″ Kicker speakers in front doors, with custom fiberglass pod
- 6.5″ Kicker components in rear doors
- Four 8″ Kicker subs behind rear seats, installed in a custom sub box
- Two Kicker amps
Flex’s Bronx auto shop also added custom suede headliner and interior parts, a full Katzkin custom interior featuring the Zune logo and a vibrant Zune paint job.
The contest is up and running. Entries must be submited before August 31 at Zune.net/Flex.
The customized Zune 2008 Ford Sport Trac will be touring around the country as a featured car on Funkmaster Flex’s 2009 Custom Car and Bike Show.
Dates for the tour are as follows:
June 12-14 – Sam Houston Race Park @ Houston, TX
June 27 – NJ Convention & Expo Center @ Edison, NJ
July 18 – Connecticut Expo Center @ Hartford, CT
Aug 1&2 – Roland E Powell Conv Center @ Ocean City, MD