What is it about video games that put men in a distracted coma where they become consumed? A prime example of this is the new game, “Grand Theft Auto IV.” I know at least five men who rushed out to buy the game as soon as it dropped. Yes, grown ass men. Now don’t get me wrong, I understand that the game is fun, however I never would consider going to the lengths that some men go to in order to have and play the game.
Come on now ladies, I know I’m not the only one who is annoyed. Due to this recent release of the game, I have came up with a few things that men do in order to insure that they will be able to play the video game, as well as some consequences of him owning the game.
These reasons are as follows:
1. Waiting in long lines. Men all over the country waited in long Game Stop lines in order to purchase the game. Some even went as far as arriving at the store before it opened. My only hope is that they arrive to work everyday with the same enthusiasm.
2. Scheduling time to play the game. I really don’t find playing a video game so horrible. What is annoying is when men put aside time to play the game. For instance ladies, he won’t talk to you during the certain allotted time because that is the “game’s time.” I always thought that video games were for your free time. You know, the time when you want to relax and have nothing else to do. Maybe something you do once or twice a week for an hour at the most. Not something you mark in your Blackberry and do daily for hours on end.
3. Staying up to the wee hours of the night to play the game. I have no problem with staying up late in order to do something constructive, but to stay up in order to flip a game? Come on now. There has got to be something more beneficial you could be doing with your late hours. Especially if you got a girl. Feel me?
4. Ignoring your loved ones. Some men will purposely ignore their wifey, kids, etc. while playing the game. They will literally dismiss their families while playing the game. Or, will become upset if you are trying to talk to them while the game is on. I have a friend who isn’t allowed to talk to her live-in kid’s father while he is playing the game. Some have even slacked on their sexual duties because they are so distracted by the game. Ladies, remember when you were his favorite toy?
5. Calling off work in order to spend a full day playing the game in hopes of flipping it. Some men will call of work for days at a time in order to ensure that they will have the time to flip the game. They do this as if the game is going to get jealous and leave while he is at work. Calm down. It’s not going anywhere. Besides, if you have to do all of that in order to beat the game, then maybe you are not that good at it. Ha!
6. Having a jamboree with all of your boys at the crib. There is nothing more annoying than coming home from work and finding your man sitting in the living room with ten dudes. All of them huddled around one guy who is actively playing the game. Hold up. If only one of you guys can play at a time then why are so many of you here!!
7. An ex of mine wanted me to watch him play the game. Yes! Watch him play the game. Dear, you are not REALLY playing the game. Do you know that? He wanted me to watch him and cheer him on. I have to remind you men, the video game is not real. You are not really making that basket or touchdown. This is all pretend. Just like the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Leprechauns etc, etc.
Again these are just my thoughts. This blog goes out to you, and you, oh and especially you know who.