BallerStatus.com is one of the most recognized and respected online properties for urban lifestyle culture, offering a daily balance of the coolest trends across related categories such as music, entertainment, movies, fashion and streetwear, gaming and tech, and sports.
The website was founded in May 2002 as an online destination dedicated strictly to the hip-hop culture, back when there were only a handful of websites offering editorial coverage to the genre. Since our initial launch, BallerStatus.com has grown into one of the biggest contributors to the culture online, and expanded our coverage into the aforementioned areas.
BallerStatus was founded and currently operated by Jay Casteel. He started the website as a hobby, and it quickly took on a life of its own. Today, the website boasts multiple contributors, who provide insightful pieces and features on various topics, whether its an in-depth interview with a specific music artist or a news piece about a specific trend.
Over the years, we've been cited and sourced by countless media outlets, and have received coverage in various major publications, such as:
- A front page feature in the Chicago Tribune's Business section (print and online) in March 2008.
- Nominated for "Best Lifestyle Website" by VH1's Hip-Hop Honors in 2007.
- Named "Website of the Month" by The Source magazine in its November 2006 issue.
- Named in XXL's "100 Best Hip-Hop Websites" in 2009.
- Founder Jay Casteel was featured in business section of AOL's Blackvoices.com.
- Founder Jay Casteel was featured in Hip Hip Weekly magazine's "Web Watch Feature" in 2010.
- Sourced by various publications such as MTV, VH1, BET, Yahoo!, L.A. Times, TMZ, etc.
If you have any questions, comments, etc, or press inquires, please visit our Contact Us section.