Brock Lesnar Failed Second Drug Test on Night of UFC 200
This is bad! Brock Lesnar reportedly failed a second drug test, which was administered during the night of his fight at UFC 200.
UFC officials announced the news Tuesday (July 19), after being notified by USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency), the company that oversees the UFC's drug testing program.
"The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar that his in-competition sample collection from July 9, 2016, at UFC 200, has tested positive for the same substance as his previously announced out-of-competition collection on June 28, 2016," UFC officials said in a statement.
So far, the banned substance Lesnar tested positive for on two occasions has not been revealed. He previously failed an out-of-competition drug test, administered in late June
Lesnar's punishment could be two years or possibly four years under "aggravated" circumstances, says reports.
At UFC 200, Lesnar earned a unanimous decision over Mark Hunt... in what was Brock's first fight in five years.
Since news of the doping violation surfaced, Hunt has expressed his displeasure, demanding that he be paid Lesnar's record $2.5 million purse... or be released from his contract with the UFC.