Hulk Hogan’s 1998 WCW Contract Leaked! He Was Banking It!
While Hulk Hogan's popularity has declined sharply thanks to his use of racist slurs in the past, it's likely he'll be okay financially.
This week, a copy of his 1998 WCW contract surfaced on Reddit, which revealed that the wrestling icon was making some major bread in his peak years.
Below are a few of the highlights from the contract, which you can view here:
- Hogan received a $2 million bonus simply for signing the contract.
- Hogan received 25 percent of the ticket revenue made during any Nitro or Thunder event that he participated in, with a minimum payday of $25,000.
- Hogan was paid $20,000 (every month) for being associated with nWo.
- Hogan got 15 percent of PPV sales for all PPV events that he took part in, with $675,000 being the minimum amount he would collect.
- Hogan received 50 percent of the profits that WCW made for selling any merchandise directly related to him.