Our 5 Fave Rum Recipes For National Rum Day
Friday, August 16th, is National Rum Day. So, if you're off for the day, or will be off later, it's a perfect excuse to kick your feet up and enjoy a rum-laced cocktail. Whether it's a tropical pina colada, a refreshing mojito, or some unique recipes for Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, there's options...
In celebration, we're compiled a list of five of our favorite rum-spiked recipes that should have you enjoying the holiday in no time!
PORT ROYAL PUNCH (Serves 25)
- 2 46-oz. cans of pineapple juice
- 3 cups mango juice
- 1 750 mL bottle of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 4.5 oz. grenadine
- 3 oranges sliced thinly and quartered
- 3 cans of Sprite for fizz
In a punch bowl or large serving vessel, add the above ingredients and stir. Serve over ice in a punch glass – or glass of your choosing.
- 1 ¼ oz. Captain Morgan Sherry Oak Finish Spiced Rum
- ¼ oz. Grand Marnier® Liqueur
- ¾ oz. lime juice
- 2 dashes of bitters
Directions: Add all ingredients to an ice-filled rocks glass. Stir to blend and garnish with lime wedge
FROZEN PINA COLADA
- 2 oz Malibu Rum
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 oz Coco Lopez Coconut Cream
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
Directions: Blend all ingredients with 2 cups of ice until nice and smooth. Pour into hurricane glass, garnish with cherry and pineapple wedge.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/4 oz grenadine syrup
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz light rum
- 1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
- 1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
- 1 oz triple sec
- grapefruit juice
- pineapple juice
Directions: Pour all but the juices, in order listed, into a hurricane glass three-quarters filled with ice. Fill with equal parts of grapefruit and pineapple juice, and serve in Hurricane glass. Garnish with cherry and orange slice.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons white rum
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce soda water
Directions: Combine the sugar, lime juice and mint leaves in a tall glass; mash with the back of a spoon. Mix in the rum and pomegrante juice. Fill glass with ice. Top with a splash of soda water.