40 Things You Didn’t Know About Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne is a superstar, and although fans might not know a lot about him, below is a piece that Complex compiled of 40 things that you might not. 10 are below, check the rest at Complex.com.
You either love or hate Lil Wayne, but no matter what, you can't escape him. On what's a seemingly daily basis, Tunechi invades hip-hop headlines with everything from deposition footage to forehead tattoos to—oh, yeah—new songs. Because of this, so many minute details about Weezy's life are readily available, but not all of them.
Over the years, a lot of Lil Wayne info has flown under the radar. Yes, everyone knows that Tha Carter III sold a million copies in one week, but what about the fact that he has an entire Jay-Z verse tattooed on his leg? We dug through dozens of interviews and profiles to dig up tidbits like that and many more that don't always when to mind when the rap superstar's name is brought up. These are 40 Things You Didn't Know About Lil Wayne.
- He went by the names Shrimp Daddy and Baby D before Lil Wayne.
- His first album is almost completely curse-free because of his mother's wishes.
- He says that he stopped listening to other artists' music after Jay-Z's The Black Album.
- His mom encouraged him to have a daughter at 15 because she was lonely while he was on tour with Cash Money.
- He admitted to having crabs once, and called it "the worst."
- When his Cash Money contract expired in 2006, he almost signed a new deal with Jay-Z's Rocafella for a rumored $5 million. He declined because he's a "loyal dude," but said it was "very tough."
- He dropped out of school at 14.
- He once planned to score a film for fling Karrine "Superhead" Steffans.
- He was engaged to Lauren London.
- Trina was pregnant with his child but had a miscarriage.