Kelis Shows Off Her Cooking Skills For Private Dinner/Album Listening Session
Kelis held a private listening session/dinner for her upcoming album, Flesh Tone, in Miami Thursday night (March 25), but guests got a surprise when the singer served up a dinner she made herself.
The Belvedere Vodka-hosted dinner was held at a private bungalow at the W South Beach, and guests included Interscope-Geffen-A&M Chairman Jimmy Iovine, DJ Benny Benassi, DJ Rashida, Chicago Bears player Adewale Ogunieye, Kansas City Chiefs player Thomas Jones, DJ/musician Calvin Harris, and Jack Splash, among others.
Kelis told her guests that while taking a break from music, she attended culinary school, where she found her a new love ... cooking.
Below was the menu from the dinner:
- Capuria's: stuffed with crab meat and anapple jalapeno relish with sweet corn puree
- Duck Confit Salad: with pomegranate vinaigrette
- Coconut Lobster Soup
First Course Cocktail Pairing
- BELVEDERE 22ND CENTURY: Citrus essence & fresh herbs shaken with Belvedere Vodka
- BELVEDERE 4TH OF JULY: Housemade raspberry syrup with fresh squeezed lemon, mix with thyme infused Belvedere Vodka
- Fried Red Snapper: with Jasmine Rice
- Ribeye: with Pineapple Confit
Second Course Cocktail Pairing
- BELVEDERE SCREAM: Citrus essence with a dot of Siracha hot sauce, fresh watermelon with Belvedere Vodka
- CAREFREE AMERICAN: Housemade flower blossom syrup with fresh basil and Belvedere Vodka
- Mango Mousse En Toile
- Chocolaté Grand Marnier Bread Pudding
- Strawberry Vanilla Beggars Purse
Desert Cocktail Pairing
- BELVEDERE EMANCIPATION: Housemade ginger syrup with fresh yuzu juice mixed with Belvedere Vodk
- BELVEDERE LADIDA: Housemade cardamom honey, organic blackberry ginger beer with Belvedere Vodka
In addition to the delicious food, which guests raved about, everyone enjoyed the first listen to he new album. Flesh Tone is expected to drop this summer.