Remember indie 90s label Delicious Vinyl? They were responsible for the success of the Pharcyde, and smash singles like Tone Loc's "Wild Thing" and Funky Cold Medina", and Young MC's "Bust A Move."
The label is still here today, and are heading into the new age with the launch of a new iPhone/iPod Touch game called Delicious Vinyl DJ.
The new game title, available this Fall, puts anyone with an iPhone inside the DJ booth and behind the decks, cutting and scratching across some of the greatest "golden era" hip-hop tracks ever.
According to a press release, the user has to match multi-colored notes as they flow down the screen, trigger scratches on two turntables with a thumb twist, or tap a button on the mixer in time with the music to score points. Increased accuracy determines how fresh and tight the mix will sound and gets you more points.
Legendary Los Angeles cut-master, DJ M. Walk, provides a palette of scratches, exclusively for Delicious Vinyl DJ, just like he did in the late 80s on Tone Loc's single "Wild Thing".
Below are some of the game's features:
- Scratch and trigger samples using two touch turntables and a mixer
- First iPhone DJ game with actual scratching movements
- Be a DJ - don't just drop the track, add to it and make it yours! For more than just tapping!
- Listen for the groove, if you don't spin or sample correctly, the scratches and samples won’t sound fresh!
- DVDJ features hit songs from Delicious Vinyl – three Platinum selling #1 singles, block rocking remixes, and classic hip-hop hits!
- Each track features 3 levels of difficulty per song
- Custom scratches made for each track by DJ M-WALK
- New songs and downloadable content coming soon!
Below are the game's tracks:
- Young MC - "Bust A Move"
- Tone Loc - "Funky Cold Medina"
- Tone Loc - "Wild Thing (Peaches RMX)"
- The Pharcyde - "Passin' Me By"
- Masta Ace - "Born To Roll"
- Mr. Vegas (feat. Pitbull & Lil'Jon - "Pull Up (Club Mix)"
- Masta Ace - "Slaughtahouse (Eminem RMX)"