T-Pain Sued Over Guyana Concert Cancellation

T-PainT-Pain was slapped with a lawsuit Monday (March 23) in a Florida court, regarding his cancellation of a major concert in Guyana last month after he allegedly received kidnap and death threats.

According to the Miami Herald, Hits and Jams Entertainment (the promoters behind the event) accuses 23-year-old T-Pain (real name: Faheem Najm) of making outrageous demands -- including a private jet, FBI protection, and a phone call with the country's president.

The company said they paid the Auto-Tune king a $75,000 advance, but was a no-show, following reports of death threats.

Hitz and Jams says T-Pain was scheduled to headline the Republic Day event on February 23. They said they provided his camp with more than a dozen airline tickets, including seven in first class, in addition to "four-star hotel or better" accommodations, and several other rider demands.

However, three days before the show, David Abram of Pain's Chase Entertainment told promoters he'd been "advised by a credible source associated with T-Pain's camp that T-Pain should not 'come' to Guyana because he would be killed or kidnapped because Hits and Jams had not paid their 'street guys.'"

While the suit states that the Pain's camp offered to return the $75,000 advance, Hits claims it wouldn't "remedy the disappointment to the Guyanese fans."

Hits are seeking at least $5 million for breach-of-contract against T-Pain and his Nappy Boy Touring company, citing both libel and defamation counts against all the defendants, including Abram.

In response, Abram told the Herald: "It was a legitimate security threat. Chase, T-Pain's management company, did not want to put the artist in 'harm's way,' " Abram adds.

"We feel horrible about not being able to play the concert," he added. "We are going to do what needs to be done to make this right with the promoters They're a good company. We're a good company."